Hi There, moving on from our previous post on How to Transfer a Domain from GoDaddy to BigRock – today, we’ll take a look at how to make money online by becoming an Amazon Affiliate in India.
The Amazon Affiliate Program in India has been a huge draw for most bloggers & marketers. Thus, in the below Amazon Affiliate guide, we’ll take a look at how to get started with Amazon.in Affiliate marketing.
We have all blown some part of our monthly income by shopping from Amazon. But have you ever considered earning from Amazon?
There are already several blogs and websites that are using an Amazon Affiliate program to earn a substantial income. It is easy and it is fast. It further saves you the trouble of searching for a job in the declining market nowadays.
To become an Amazon.in Affiliate, all you need to do is create a website or a blog and the rest is a time-tested rise to profits.
Amazon is already a renowned brand that people are likely to trust. However, there are a few things you have to do correctly if you want your blog/website to gain more popularity.
Thus, if you want to know how to start an Amazon Affiliate site in India, or how to become an Amazon affiliate in India then read on to know more.
How to Start an Amazon Affiliate Website in India?
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to earn money online. With the Amazon Affiliate Program in India, you can easily earn a substantial income right from the comfort of your home. Thus, if you want to give this online business idea a try, then here is a complete guide on how to start an Amazon Affiliate site in India. This simple 5-steps Amazon Affiliate guide will help you build a profitable online business in no time, that too, without much investments.
- How to Start an Amazon Affiliate Website in India?
- 5 Cornerstones Of A Successful Amazon Affiliate Site
- #Guide To Creating An Amazon Affiliate India Website
- A] Pick A Lucrative Niche
- B] Choose A Domain Name & Hosting
- C] Create A WordPress Blog/Website
- D] Types Of Content You Can Create
- E] Promote Your Site on Social Media
#Guide To Creating An Amazon Affiliate India Website
A] Pick A Lucrative Niche
You really can’t market random products that catch your fancy. Your readers must consider you an expert in your field if you want them to come back for your next content. For this, you need a field and thus, a Niche.
You need to be acquainted with the categories of products available on Amazon. From here, you can choose your niche. However, do make sure to find out the commission that your selected niche will offer you for each product.
Here is how you can pick a lucrative niche for your Amazon.in Affiliate website.
- From the Amazon site, you can find the Bestseller products for your niche. These products will be a better choice as they are more likely to sell. However, it isn’t easy to choose a niche that will earn you a profit.The first thing you have to keep in mind is that the more expensive the products you choose, the more you will earn.Try to stick to the higher end stuff, to begin with.But, if you do not feel comfortable with marketing any of the products that you come across here, there are ways to sell cheaper goods well too. However, in this case, you have to choose a lot of products together. So, make sure that your niche title has a wider range.
- You also do not want to choose a niche that has a lot of competitors to contend with. You will have an easier time establishing yourself if you are one of the very few blogs the readers can rely on.For this, look up the backlink profile of the existing content on these niches as well.Type in some keywords related to your products on the Google Search Engine. Read through the already existing content. Some will be quality reviews with a lot of backlinks. But other may have low-quality writing and more advertisements which no visitor will tolerate.
- Also, select a possible niche and research on the existing Amazon India Affiliates who deals in them. If the sites you come across on the web on that niche are already popular but not too many, it is probably a good choice. You can do this with a keyword analysis as well.
You can outdo a site that has a lower number of backlinks from sources that are less likely to purchase the products. You can use a backlink analyzing tool such as Open Site Explorer by Moz for this.
For this, you will need an account on Google Keyword Planner. Once you create an account, go to Tools and on the home screen, type in some keywords that could describe your products. Then, click on ‘Get Ideas’ and from there, you will be directed to Keyword Ideas.
The higher the search volume of a keyword is, the more is it likely to sell. At least, each keyword should have an average search rating here.
By now, hopefully, you have already decided the products that you want to advertise. So, we now move on to the how.
B] Choose A Domain Name & Hosting
To be an Amazon affiliate in India, you need a website. Building a website has a lot of aspects that could go wrong. Or if you do it right, it might be your key to a flourishing Amazon affiliate program in India.
Thus, let’s take a look at the two important things that are the cornerstone of a successful website.
Choose a Domain Name
If you base your domain name on just one product from the niche you have selected, you will find it harder to include other ones in the future. So, make sure it has a wider reach that could appeal to people with different needs in the same niche.
Also, your domain name should be relevant as well. Your first visitor will not look your site up with its URL. Thus, your domain name should have relevant keywords that will show up in the search engine by default.
Choose a Hosting Company
BigRock India provides ample bandwidth and is a reliable host that has never failed me. This is important because you do not want to learn that your bandwidth has expired in the middle of the month, which will affect your traffic. Also, it offers great discounts on web hosting via BigRock hosting coupons.
So, if you do decide to go with BigRock then here is a quick video on how to buy a domain and hosting on BigRock.
Also, check out these hosting comparison reviews if you want to know about more hosting options before making a decision.
The next step leads you to create your WordPress blog/website where you can write your reviews and recommend the products.
C] Create A WordPress Blog/Website
It is easy-to-use and install WordPress from most web hosts. You might even find a download link on the web host that you are using. If your hosting provider is BigRock, then you will find the option in your BigRock cPanel.
- Step 1: Once Logged in, click on the WordPress icon. This will take you to the BigRock’s Softaculous Installer page. Here, click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Step 2: You will be presented with a form, fill in the required details correctly.
Enter the domain name that you have created for your blog. If you have other domain names on the same web host, you can select the relevant one from the drop-down menu. Next, enter the email address for our blog. You will also need to type in the name that you have chosen for your blog and your admin name.
This will be required when you have to log in later on.Most likely, you will get the email with your login details. We would recommend archiving this because it would save you a lot of trouble if you forget the credentials later on.And That’s it! It will take a few minutes for the installation process and you can start using WordPress right away.
Customizing Your WordPress Blog/Website
Installing WordPress is not enough to make a blog. You need to dress it up now. Visitors will be attracted to a site that has a relevant theme.
Remember you can’t choose any theme that catches your eye. The theme should reflect your niche. It should look professional if you want your visitors to trust your content.
Thus, for elegant themes and landing page template ideas, read this blog.
Now, to set up the WordPress Theme follow the below instructions.
- Step 1: Login to WordPress ‘yourdomain.com/wp-admin’, where you have to type in your user ID and password. This will automatically direct you to the WordPress dashboard.
- Step 2: Select a WordPress Theme of your choice. For this, click on Appearances – Themes – Add New or Search Theme, followed by Install and Activate.
Also, here are a few free and premium best WordPress Affiliate Marketing themes that you can choose from.
There are a few WordPress plugins that you will need for your blog as well. You will get a long list of options but don’t try to install all of them. You only need a few that are required to optimize your website.
But whichever Plugins you choose, you have to install them first. From your WordPress site, you can go to Plugins – Add New. If you have existing plugins that require uploads, you can do that from here as well.
Here is a list of some of the essential plugins to get you started.
- EasyAzon – It makes your task of adding and managing affiliate links easier.
- YOAST SEO – The best SEO plugin to improve your site’s on-page SEO.
- WP REVIEW – Allows you to add reviews, star ratings and more.
- Simple URLs – Allows you to create, manage, and track outbound links.
- Shortcodes Ultimate – Using this plugin you can easily create tabs, buttons, boxes & sliders for posts, widgets and more.
Plugins can help you to create more in-depth reviews. You can create image links and product information blocks to support your reviews as well. In addition, some may even add to the speed of your website.
This is a good idea because, like mentioned, no one really has the patience to sit through a site with a slow server. As such, website speed is integral for a profitable website.
Also, as a bonus, here is a complete WordPress website maintenance checklist, that’ll come in handy once you have set up your WordPress Affiliate website.
D] Types Of Content You Can Create
There are several types of content that you can post with links to the products. Most of them will be related to reviews in one way or the other.
However, it is the way you present them that is important. Making it too obvious that you are recommending Amazon for their purchase will most probably not work. But, leading them to Amazon, as their preferred choice will go a long way.
The easiest way is to provide as many links as you can for each product. However, some readers might miss a couple of links while going through your content. As such, display all products together so that readers have all links handy, which will help boost sales and conversion.
Something like this;
There is no rule that you can add links to products only related to your reviews. With the Amazon ‘cookie,’ you can earn from more than just the products you are reviewing. Moreover, you can subtly add links to relevant products other than the ones you are promoting.
It is true that you will need a niche that you are comfortable writing content on. However, you have to present it in diverse ways. For this,
1. Choose a Single Product
You can choose a single product and write an in-depth review of it. This is perhaps the most dedicated of the reviews. You will need detailed knowledge of the specs and the function of the product.
Even though it is an online business, in no way can you pass on shady information and expect the visitors to return for your next article. Even if you are acquainted with the product, it is better to research a bit for the opinions of other users as well. You will get a more thorough knowledge this way.
- Research is essential if you are inexperienced and writing your first blog. There are several Amazon Associates India websites that you can find online. You can take into consideration their styles and formats.
- Also, even though we are mentioning both the benefits and disadvantages of the product, stress on the benefits. Make sure to reply to the more contradictory comments on your blog as well. If they have questions, be responsive and guide them through the process.
- Mostly, talk about your experience with the product. Readers will not trust your word till they are convinced that you speak from experience. You can also speak about how the product will help them out in the first place. Talk about common problems that people who are not using it may face.
2. Pick Similar Products & Write a Review
You can also write reviews on several similar products. For example, you can choose a few headphone models and allow visitors to make their choice.
In such articles, it is important to draw a mild comparison between the different products. The reader should be able to choose by analyzing the products based on their needs than just the one that looks the best of the lot.
These articles should be more profitable as you are likely to link all the products that you are mentioning. However, do not talk about the specs in terms that most people will be unable to comprehend. Instead, explain to them what it is supposed to be useful for.
3. Comparison Articles
There is another kind; comparison articles that you can choose. You can take two products and write a direct comparison between them.
If you want people to choose from either of the products, do not directly establish one as better than the other. List their advantages and disadvantages and allow people to make their decision.
Something like this;
However, if it is a specific product that you are endorsing, you can be more firm in your own choice. In this, you should probably talk about your positive experiences using that product over the other one.
4. How-to Articles
The last is the ‘How-to’ articles. These articles are a lot more subtle in promoting the products. In these, you are explaining how to do things related to your niche. You can also use these to explain the use of a product that you have reviewed.
Readers usually are more attracted to these articles than the review ones. Link your products between explanations and points. You can use these to link more relevant products. When you are explaining how to use a product, raise the topic of replacements, add-ons, spare parts and link them in your article.
E] Promote Your Site on Social Media
The cheapest and easiest way to marketing your blog/website is social networking sites. At the end of your blog, put in some social media icons and request your visitors to share your blog. Read this guide to know more about proper utilization of Social sharing buttons.
You can also advertise by paying online sites to share your blog once you have gained some profit. This will work better in the long-run as it draws more referral traffic than just those who have come across your blog.