Hosting has become a method to connect our world. It is a means for those in need of a website to get their products and services marketed to a much wider and global target audience.
Because of its popularity, there are many different platforms, applications and different kinds of packages available for one to use, should they want to start a website and online business. The cheapest is Shared hosting which allows you to share a server with multiple other websites that share the server’s resources. The one that tends to be most expensive is Dedicated Server hosting with which you would be leasing a server for your own use. You do not share this server and you have the use of all the server’s resources at your disposal.
You also have the choice of operating system to use. You can use either Windows or Linux. Windows is generally more expensive as it is paid software, meaning that you have to buy a license in order to use it. Linux, on the other hand, is cheaper. This operating system has multiple versions called distributions, that are in most cases free, as this operating system is open source. Linux is credited as being more flexible and more customizable.
Website developers believe it to be more secure and reliable than Windows. In fact, most recommend using Linux, unless you have Windows-specific applications that demand you use Windows over Linux.
With such diversity in the industry, it follows that there would be many web hosting providers who would offer not only diverse packages, targeted at the broader hosting world but niche packages as well, aimed at more niche markets and businesses.
In this article, we’ll look at the best WordPress hosting in India. More specifically, the top WordPress hosting companies for 2018.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress is a website building application that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. It is estimated that nearly 30% of websites out there are deployed on WordPress. You might be wondering why this application is so popular. While there are many reasons to explain this popularity, the most important are its cost, flexibility and adaptability.
You can easily download a copy of WordPress from WordPress.org. You then only have to select from the various WordPress hosting plans and pay for it. Furthermore, you have an option to use WordPress Premium, which is the paid tier available and hosted by WordPress. WordPress is also highly flexible and customizable. You can easily customize your website and add themes & plugins depending on your package. It is super easy to install and get running, boasting a one-click install.
WordPress web hosting is hosting done using the WordPress application. This can mean either being hosted for free on WordPress.com or you can create a WordPress website and then add this to your current hosting account. This sounds easy enough. However, in order to determine which WordPress hosting option would be best for you let’s look at what the features of WordPress hosting are.
Features of WordPress Web Hosting
When looking for the best hosting for WordPress, one has to look at its features. We have looked at what WordPress web hosting is, now let’s check out the features one should look for when picking the best web hosting for WordPress.
This useful feature is usually provided by all WordPress hosting providers out there. It allows users to easily install WordPress with no hassles. There are even one-click install packages out there. This makes it easy and faster to set up a website.
Special Set-up and Tools
Good hosting providers know that the success of your website is the success of their business. As such, they offer special tools for setting up your site and to monitor & maintain it.
There are times when things get out of your control and you need help. This is where having a great support is important. What constituents of great support? Great support is one that is easily available, professional and has expert knowledge on issues affecting your site.
Is WordPress Hosting Right For You?
In your search for the best WordPress hosting in India, you have to, first, ask yourself if WordPress hosting is right for you. We have looked at its features and now have a very good idea of what it is and what it entails. Knowing all of this might not really convince whether it is the right choice for you. The first question is whether you want to use Managed or Self-hosting WordPress.
- Managed WordPress Hosting refers to WordPress hosting where you have the WordPress team managing your website. The best Managed WordPress hosting providers take care of the updates, plugin compatibility and everything else involved in maintaining your site.
- Self-hosting, on the other hand, means you use WordPress to build your website but you use your own hosting account to host the website. You have to manage and look after the website yourself.
This can be a little more difficult depending on your knowledge of coding and hosting. If you should decide that WordPress web hosting is the right choice for you, then you have to decide which of these two you’ll choose to opt for.
WordPress Hosting – Advantages & Disadvantages
When looking for the best web hosting for WordPress, you need to look at these four important benefits: security, scalability, support and tools. You also need to look at the disadvantages, as it is always best to know the good & bad in order to make the most informed decision.
- Security: When WordPress puts out a new version, security issues are patched within hours of the release.
- Scalability: WordPress allows for much faster scaling when it is needed. This comes from the care and attention paid to the components of this service.
- Support: As it has been mentioned, having a great support for your website may be the key to your success, especially if you are a newbie to the hosting world.
- Tools: WordPress has tools designed specifically to make your life easier. These can help you build your website and help in general upkeep & monitoring.
- Cost:The cost of WordPress web hosting is an important factor to take into account. While you can easily get and use WordPress to build your site, you have to decide on whether you want managed or self-hosted WordPress hosting. Managed may sometimes not be the best choice for some, as to enjoy the support of the WordPress staff, you’ll have to pay extra.
- Control:Depending on which option you use, you may find you have less control than you would wish when using WordPress hosting. This is important when it comes to those that need higher customizability and plugins that are not offered by your WordPress package.