The world of hosting has become a booming business venture, which is the reason why a web hosting checklist is necessary.
There are different Cloud Hosting providers offering different packages. From the Best Cloud Hosting India to Virtual Private Servers to Dedicated Servers, all of these serve a specific niche, defined by cost, software as well as disk space requirements.
Hosting can be defined as a client wishing to start a website or online business, which needs a server to run from. They go to a hosting company to provide the server for them and they “rent” space from the provider. The Cloud Hosting Provider takes care of the maintenance & upkeep of the server and the client is able to use the server to run his website.
Best Cloud Hosting Providers in India
One kind of hosting that has seen a particular swell in popularity is Cloud Hosting. In this article, we’ll check out the Best Cloud hosting in India. But, first, let’s have a look at what Cloud computing is to understand how Cloud hosting actually works.
6. WP Engine
What is Cloud Computing?
We’ve all heard about Cloud hosting and how we can back things up to the Cloud but how many of us actually understand what “the cloud” means.
Cloud computing is a type of computing that entails linking multiple computers and having them share their unified resources. This allows for more resources to be available for the users, as well as more reliability, as the cloud-connected computers can share the burden of whatever is being done in the cloud.
These computers do not need to be in the same region or even in the same country. Notable products and services that use Cloud computing are companies like Amazon.in, Flipkart.in Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Dropbox, to name just a few. There are many companies out there that offer this service. In this article, we’ll check these Best Cloud hosting companies in India for 2018.
Now that we know what Cloud computing is, we can take a look at what cloud hosting is. To put it simply, Cloud server hosting is hosting using multiple servers running separate tasks instead of having one server taking a full load of tasks and processes.
What is Cloud Hosting?
The concept of hosting is pretty simple. It is one company hosting other companies’ websites on its servers and getting an income from these companies. As can be imagined, this can take up a lot of computing resources.
With the advent of Cloud computing, many best web hosting India have moved to offer cheap Cloud hosting so as to be able to provide to the ever increasing demands on computer resources.
Yet the question remains, what is the main difference between Cloud server hosting and other kinds of hosting?
To have a good idea of what Cloud hosting is like; consider a group of friends that share a bank account. They all have equal investments in the bank account. They may be separate individuals, but from the account’s perspective, they are one. They pooled their investments into a single account so as to enjoy the benefits of having much more resources at their fingertips individually.
Now, should a situation occur where one of the friends needs to borrow money from the account, he is able to draw on a much higher sum than if it was only his investment.
Cloud hosting works in the same way.
Multiple Cloud servers have data from different sites and they run these sites. When a site needs resources or even goes over its usual resource allocation, this is easily taken care of, as it is a pool of different machines and not just one that has to shoulder the load.
Cloud hosting means clients are able to use resources, from multiple servers, when they need them. Hence most Cloud hosting price includes a pay-as-you-use feature, the same if one would use a service utility, like electricity.
The use of multiple servers has many benefits, chief among them being reliability. If one server goes down, there will be another ready to pick up the slack. This is unlike the situation where only one server is used for hosting and it bears an entire load of all the websites hosted on it.
Therefore, it is wise to research and purchase a hosting plan from the top cloud hosting provider in your budget range.
Features of Cloud Hosting
Now that we have an even better understanding of what Cloud hosting is, let’s discuss what the most notable features of this popular cloud hosting option are:
Many of the best Cloud hosting providers in India offer 100% guaranteed uptime. That is because of the inbuilt reliability that comes with using Cloud computing and its many server approaches.
Most Cloud Hosting India service providers use utility type pricing. This means you pay for what you use. More importantly, you don’t pay for what you don’t use. So initially you may pay a higher price to go Cloud but you may see savings in the long run as you use the site and its resources.
Because Cloud services use a pay-as-you-use pricing method you will be able to scale up or down seamlessly using a software as your website demands. This is one of the reasons why Cloud hosting in India is so popular.
These are just some of the web hosting features that are available to you as a Cloud hosting client. However, this doesn’t mean Cloud Hosting might be the right choice for you yet. Let’s find out more below,
Is Cloud Hosting Right For You?
As we have said in other articles, hosting is not a one-size-fits-all service. The web hosting packages on offer are all good and have their advantages and disadvantages. But, they may not all be the correct choice and option for your particular business. So, this then begs the question: is Cloud server hosting right for you?
For this article, we will look at 6 possible situations that would make Cloud hosting the right choice for you.
- If you are a small business looking to create a website and are thinking of getting a server for this site.
- You are looking for reliable and ease of access to all your web applications & data. Cloud hosting is very reliable because of how it is put together. It is somewhat more reliable than other hosting options.
- If you want to make sure you have a backup plan in the catastrophic scenario of you losing all your data. One of the big benefits of Cloud server hosting is that it is decentralized and therefore, your data is that much safer.
- You are aiming at growth and you want a hosting plan that will allow for scalability as well as flexibility. Cloud hosting is great in that if you ever reach the limits of the Cloud, resources can be added as needed.
- If you don’t yet have the resources and capital necessary for on-site hosting then Cloud hosting may be a possible cheaper yet high-quality option for you to use. This is because there are many affordable Cloud hosting providers who offer cheap Cloud hosting in India.
- If you are outgrowing online document storage services and need to store more than just documents online.
These are all possible reasons for you to choose Cloud hosting. If you should feel that Cloud hosting is the right choice for you, you will still have another step to go through. You have to research the best Cloud provider you’d like to use.
This is important, so you know exactly what you are getting yourself into when you sign on the dotted line with any of the cloud hosting providers in India.
Cloud Hosting – Advantages & Disadvantages
As mentioned earlier, there are many advantages to using Cloud hosting that makes it a very enticing choice. So, what are the top benefits or advantages to Cloud hosting?
In this article we will look at five advantages: reliability, physical security, scalability and flexibility, utility style costing and responsive load balance.
But, even the best packages have drawbacks. So, what are some of the disadvantages of Cloud hosting?
In this article, we will look at 3 disadvantages: vulnerability of data, a saturation of access and complex tools.
- Reliability: Due to the architecture of Cloud computing, Cloud hosting is much more reliable. It is the result of pooling resources from multiple servers. This helps it draw its requirements over a greater number of Cloud servers. Therefore, even after a server is down, you’ll experience no real time effect on your website.
- Physical Security: The physical servers that make up the virtual server are housed in data centers, so they have the added physical security afforded by those data centers. This furthermore means that your website is double or triple protected, as most Cloud servers are housed across a myriad of data centres. These also make taking a backup that much easier.
- Scalability and Flexibility: All companies aim at growth. Cloud hosting services are designed so that when the website grows, the resources to match this growth will be easily available. This can even be in instances of a spike in activity on the site. Because the Cloud is the way it is, it can flexibly allocate more resources to match this spike.
- Utility Style Costing: As we have explained, Cloud hosting is a big pool of resources from multiple servers. As such, one website will not use all of these resources all the time. Most times Cloud hosting packages have a pay-as-you-use feature, where you pay for the resources you use. The same way you would if you were paying for electricity, water or any other utility.
- Responsive Load Balance: When one server goes down on the Cloud network, the load is balanced among the other servers still active. This means that a balance of the load will then need to be made so as to not overburden a single server. This is done with software, meaning that it is seamless & efficient and has no visible effects on your website from the client’s perspective.
- The Vulnerability of Data: We have spoken about the security of using Cloud hosting, however, it does have its downside. Because Cloud hosting is decentralized, it means you do not have complete physical control of the server (s) you are using. As such, should one of the data centers be vulnerable so will your data.
- Saturation of Access: This is one of the reasons you have to research your Cloud hosting providers thoroughly. If the host does not have a healthy and successful service infrastructure in place, you may find yourself with access issues.
- Complex Tools: Depending on your provider, you may find the implement tools a little complex. This is why you have to be sure of the Cloud hosting package you choose before you sign, especially if you are a beginner.
We have spoken about some of the advantages and disadvantages of using Cloud computing. We have spoken about different Cloud hosting features and how they can aid your business. Now let’s look at some of the companies that provide the best Cloud hosting in India.