Control panels are popular tools that help you to manage your hosting account.
You’ll be able to manage your domain names, create email accounts, install web applications, and upload web files.
Control panels (cPanel) are not only intuitive, but they also save a lot of time as you don’t have to manually login into your server to make any changes.
Different panels offer different features and designs, so you’ll be able to choose a cPanel based on the OS.
Further reading: Best cPanel Web Hosting
Why Use cPanel (Control Panel) Web Hosting?
As a novice website owner, managing the different aspects of your web hosting account can be a challenge. Thus, here cPanel web hosting is an effective tool that can make the process of managing different elements on your website easier. Most web hosting providers offer cPanel with their hosting packages, which come with a wide range of features such as file management, domain, email and databases. As such, read this beginner’s guide to know more about the control panel, its modules and pros & cons.
B. Why Do You Need cPanel?
Without a cPanel, you’ll have to log in to your server every time you want to edit a configuration. Whereas, cPanel lets you complete the whole process with a few clicks. It lets you create new accounts or migrate accounts from different hosts, thereby making the process simple for you.
- Software installation (installation of WordPress)
- Website file management
- Database search and backup
- Creation of email account with management
- User management, passwords, and security
- Domain and sub-domain creation
- File organization
- Upload files on the server
- Check bandwidth and user stats
- Install add-on apps on the server
- Connect domain names to hosting
- Set up optimizations
D. Pros and Cons of cPanel
1. Pros of cPanel
- Easy to use and uncomplicated interface
- It saves time and effort
- It includes many software auto-installers including WordPress
- It provides backup features
- Plenty of tutorials and online support available
2. Cons of cPanel
- Many features can be confusing at times
- Some hosts may run outdated software
- May accidentally change important settings in the site
- It is not available with most free hosting